Sunday, September 18, 2011

Scotland: Day I (Golfing - St. Andrews)

Saturday, June 25th:

The Royal and Ancient Clubhouse of St. Andrews:


            This morning was a super early one, and I am quite angry at EasyJet. No wonder the fares are so cheap, the baggage fees absolutely destroy you. I shared a taxi to the airport then walked to check in, and was told that the maximum for checked baggage for each person is twenty kilograms. My first bag weighed about that, not including my second one. On top of that, it is twelve Euros per-kilo over the weight limit. Ouch. I have a ton of these flights coming up, so it is nice that I may be able to give my dad some of my stuff to bring home… presents and things at least. Hopefully I can figure it out before my next flight from Edinburgh to Dublin in about two weeks. Other than that, the flight was easy, and I just waited around at a café it the Edinburgh airport the three hours or so until Brad, Hogan, and my Dad arrived from the United States. We have a tee time at the Castle Course at about 4:30pm, so off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment