Thursday, September 29, 2011

Scotland: Day XI (Edinburgh)

Tuesday, July 5th:

Edinburgh Castle:


            Today my brother, father, and friend Hogan departed to go back to the states after our wonderful golf trip. I left them at the airport and took a taxi into Edinburgh for the beginning of my three night stay in the capital city of Scotland. As the hostel availability was pretty thin for the time I was there, I ended up having to change hostels three consecutive nights. The first of these three hostels was the Argyle Backpackers Hostel. This hostel was very nice however it is a little bit far from the center of the city where all of the sites are. It did not matter, though, as I was pretty burnt out from all the golf over the last few days, and I really needed a day’s rest.
            As my camera broke during the golf trip, I decided to go to a store called Jessops to buy a new one. I settled on a newer Canon model with an upgrade from the 3x Zoom and 7.1 Megapixel old camera, to a 14x Zoom and 12.1 Megapixel new camera! In addition to that, the new camera has the ability to take HD video, which is pretty cool. After purchasing my camera, I walked back towards the hotel and stopped to get some dinner at a nice restaurant/bar called The Red Squirrel. Here I ate some nachos and Piri Piri Chicken Salad, while sampling some local Scottish beers. I walked back to the hostel after this, and spent the rest of the night hanging out there, talking to some other travelers, and catching up on some computer-related activities, as the internet there was actually fast for once. Tomorrow I will wake up early, move to my new hostel, and get moving to see the sites of Edinburgh!


A Scottish Bagpiper:


No comments:

Post a Comment